The Southwest Academy of Management (SWAM), in conjunction with the Eastern Academy of Management (EAM), is conducting a searching for a volunteer co-editor for Organization Management Journal.
About the Journal:
Organization Management Journal is a blind, peer-reviewed online publication sponsored by the Eastern Academy of Management and Southwest Academy of Management.
OMJ is designed as a forum for broad philosophical, social, and practical thought about management and organizing. We are interested in papers that address the interface between theoretical insight and practical application and enhance the teaching of management. OMJ publishes scholarly empirical and theoretical papers, review articles, essays and resources for management educators. Appropriate domains include:
- Organizational behavior
- Business strategy and policy
- Organizational theory
- Human resource management
- Management education, particularly experiential education
All articles are published Open Access, so are made freely available at no charge to the author.
The Southwest Academy of Management is seeking a current or prospective association member with an outstanding reputation as an academic researcher, a passion for communication, and ideally prior experience of editing an academic journal. She or he will work collaboratively with the co-editor from the Eastern Academy of Management to help shape the future direction of Organization Management Journal by identifying strategies to enhance its quality and reputation.
The co-editors work together to accomplish the following duties:
- Managing the Journal’s double blind peer review process, with the assistance of the co-editor and associate editors.
- Delivering appropriate content for five journal issues per volume.
- Upholding and developing editorial standards on the Journal, through the good management of the peer review process and other content generation initiatives.
- Engaging the Editorial Advisory Board in the work of the Journal
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts to act as advocates for the Journal or sources of copy as appropriate
- Attending conferences or similar events to promote the Journal and source copy
- Working with the both Eastern and Southwestern to develop and achieve agreed upon objectives for the Journal and to raise its international profile and standing
The successful candidate will immediately begin as journal co-editor in January 2023. The successful candidate will work with both the existing co-editor and the outgoing co-editor during a transition period of 30-60 days. They will engage with the current co-editor from EAM in order to develop and cast a revised vision and strategic plan for the journal.
The preference date for applications for this position is December 1, 2022.
Interested candidates are requested to email a CV and cover letter to Carlos Baldo (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential, and each will be judged on its merits without regard to the race, religion, nationality, sex, seniority, or institutional affiliation of the candidate. The Southwest Academy of Management’s executive board, in consultation with the current co-editor, will select the successful candidate, and will begin reviewing applications immediately until the position is filled.