The Southwest Academy of Management is dedicated to crafting the whole professor through teaching, research, and service. We will accomplish this mission by:
- Providing programs to members and schools within our region to enhance professional development, particularly in the area of effective teaching.
- Providing a professional environment that supports the research interests of SWAM members.
- Providing innovative programming that encourages the linkages between academia and industry.
- Offering programming that examines career development issues, including the issue of service within academia.
- Creating an open organization that pursues positive changes, innovative ideas and creative new directions by actively seeing member participation.
- Creating an organization that seeks to understand the diverse needs of all universities and meet the professional needs of faculty within those universities.
SWAM is an affiliate member of the Federation of Business Disciplines (FBD). For more information on FBD please visit their website.
SWAM is an affiliate member of the Academy of Management (AOM). For more information on AOM please visit their website.